A rainbow baby is the healthy, living child born after the loss(es) of a previous child(ren) to stillbirth, miscarriage, or infant death.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Babies Everywhere

Why does it seem like when you really want a baby, everyone around you is having them? It's not nearly as many people I know currently, but a year ago, it seemed like everyone I knew was pregnant.

Currently, at last count there are five people that I know that are expecting babies. In the past I almost felt like fate was mocking me because I wanted a baby so badly and these people seemed to get pregnant so easily.

I don't feel like that now. Maybe it's because I am trying to finally focus on something else, or maybe part of me feels like it's never going to happen. These babies seem to be popping up everywhere, but instead of making me feel depressed, I am almost ignoring it.

The one thing I do hate the most about my fertility issues is everyone assuming that we are waiting to have another baby. How do you explain to everyone that you haven't been waiting? I don't want to go into details with family and friends about my fertility issues along with Mike's chromosome defect because in the end, they don't understand.

I guess the saying "People who get things kind of easily don't always appreciate what they have" is really true. If my family and friends had the fertility issues along with the chromosome defect as an issue, they wouldn't always be pestering us about when we're going to have a baby. Even Mike's family doesn't understand that we aren't waiting to have a baby.

It is truly devastating to lose not one but two children, and it hurts when people don't acknowledge our babies. I really don't like thinking that some of my friends' children may be old enough to babysit our kids when we do have them because it took that long.

I'm just glad that I'm not seeing and hearing about babies everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment